Friday, February 24, 2006

You Can't Keep A Good Man Down

Cleaning out my inbox netted links to two great Alan Bishop (Alvarius B. of Sun City Girls infamy) interviews. Both seem to be email Q and A's about his last solo record, the outstanding, Blood Operatives of the Barium Sunset, the ongoing Sublime Frequencies world archive project and various personal politickin'. The first, from indieworkshop.com, is the better of the two for my money, but they're both very interesting reads. Here's to occluded knowledge.

A sample:
Q: Time and location is ambiguous in the story lines of your songs. It often appears you are speaking both about the past and the present at the same time. Is the ambiguity of time and place in your lyrics something that is important to you?

A: I don’t think along the lines of anything particularly having to be important. Whatever similarities continue to manifest in any of my work throughout the years may result from a variety of phenomenon. I cannot say with any clarity where my ideas originate from. What fascinates me most is why human beings have very little to offer these days. Mankind is weak and shallow. Outstanding beings are difficult to find. Most of what every human says to me, I have already heard via the collective media or from public opinion. They are under hypnosis without realizing it. So I am attracted more to those who can break through the epidemic of hypnosis and operate at much higher levels. Time is an illusion, therefore past, present, and future are only separated by the limits of one’s perception.

1) Indieworks interview.
2) Foxy Digitalis interview.

No comments: